Sunday, March 28, 2010

Race for the Cure

The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is a great cause.  The event is well run and had a lot of other things to do on race day before and after the run.  That is fortunate for me, since I was out with an injury and merely was there to support the runners.  Since I had registered well in advance, I still got a race shirt.

The shirt is terrible. It is white and the design is ugly.  If any race was begging for a non-white shirt, this would be it.  Everyone knows that pink is the color for breast cancer awareness.  Why not a pink shirt?  If you make this shirt in pink and replace the "running ribbons" with a larger version of the top-of-shirt logo I would be much more likely to wear it than I am with the current design.  I won't wear this shirt outside of the house. 

This race is a much bigger production than most, so the big time sponsors get a place on the front of the shirt.  Unfortunately for them they won't get the exposure since the shirt never gets seen.

Cause: A
Shirt: F


1 comment: