Monday, April 26, 2010

Great Urban Race 1


This is probably the best shirt I've gotten to date.  It has a fantastic logo and an exquisite use of color.


I mean, look at that.  It is awe-inspiring. 

Okay, they may not be awe-inspiring, but they aren't bad in my humble opinion.

These are the shirts that we made for our run in the 2010 Great Urban Race.  Teammates are supposed to match, so we bought some $3 t-shirts and some inkjet iron-on transfers at AC Moore.  We then whipped up a logo and affixed it to the shirts.  It was a bit of a challenge, because the transfers are white, so you have to either design the edges to be white or come up with something where you can completely wipe out any white.  We chose the latter.

We coordinated the backs as well:




In case you don't get the name "My Ox Is Broken" I've included this handy video from The Amazing Race (about 40 seconds in):




I'll post the shirts we got at the race in a few days.  They are pretty sharp.

I will refrain from grading the shirt, but I will say that the logos on the back could have been placed a little better, and that they don't breathe all that well when running around carrying a backpack.

4 comments:

  1. looks like fun...CitySolve is thinking about coming to the Carolina's next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - thanks for the handy video. I did not remember that being Colin & Christie. Man, he was a hothead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shirt is fabulous. You should market them. Awe-inspiring is an understatement. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, we're still anxiously awaiting the actual shirts received from the race.

    ReplyDelete